Taken from the Slimming World magazine October 2012.
Ready in about: 45 minutes
Syns: 4 syns all choices
- Fry Light
- 500g fresh plums, halved and stoned
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of ground cardamom seeds
- A large pinch of ground allspice
- 6 tbsp sweetener
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 level tbsp plain flour, sieved
- 1 level tbsp ground almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 70ml skimmed milk
- 1 level tsp icing sugar, to dust
- Fat-free natural fromage frais, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 18oc/fan 160c/gas mark 4. Lightly spray a shallow 20cm-diameter baking dish with Fry Light.
- Put the plums, orange zest, cinnamon, cardamom, allspice and 2 tbsp sweetener in a mixing bowl and toss well. spoon the mixture into a baking dish.
- put the egg yolks and remaining sweetener in another bowl and beat, using an electric hand whisk, until pale and fluffy. fold in the flour, ground almonds, vanilla extract and milk.
- put the egg whites in a clean glass bowl. beat with an electric hand whisk on a medium speed until they form soft peaks when the blades are lifted. fold the egg whites gently into the batter.
- Spoon the batter over the fruit and bake in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the batter is puffed and golden. Allow the clafoutis to cool slightly, then dust with the icing sugar and serve immediately with a dollop of fromage frais.