I made this from the slimming world site after seeing it elsewhere. I was a little disappointed with the taste – I have a feeling the clementines I used weren’t particularly flavoursome. I’m going to try this again using oranges next time, but might experiment with the technique a little to see if I can make it slightly less dense. I didn’t bother with the red-currents or icing sugar.
Extra Easy: 4½
10 digestive biscuits, finely crushed
50g Flora Light, melted
1 vanilla pod
3 large eggs, beaten lightly
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla essence
4 tbsp sweetener
8 clementines, peeled and sliced horizontally, plus the finely grated zest of 6 of the fruit
200g fat free natural fromage frais
1. Put the biscuits and melted spread in a bowl and mix well. Spoon into a 22cm diameter, nonstick loose bottomed cake tin. Flatten using the back of a fork, cover and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat your oven to 160°C/140°C Fan/Gas 3. Split the vanilla pod in half lengthways and scrape the seeds into a bowl. Add the quark, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla essence, sweetener and two thirds of the clementine zest. Beat until well combined.
3. Pour the mixture over the prepared cheesecake base and bake for 50/55 minutes, or until just set and golden.
4. Leave the baked cheesecake to cool completely, then cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 6/8 hours, or overnight if time allows.
5. To serve, spread the fromage frais over the cheesecake, top with the clementine slices, the remaining clementine zest. Cut into 10 slices and serve immediately.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/medf6070/public_html/bestslimmingworld.com/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230