When the cleaning of the mattress or the sofa arrives, we would like to turn around right away and postpone it to who knows when!
Indeed, these are particularly tiring elements to clean because of their heaviness and the fact of turning them over to completely refurbish them.
Fortunately, there are various methods that can make the process easier and not spend an entire day letting the mattress or sofa dry!
Today we are going to see together the lid method to clean sofas and mattresses in a short time and effectively!
For the sofa
Let’s first find out how to use the couch cover method!
This is ideal if you have a non-removable sofa as it will save you a lot of time by giving you a clean fabric free of dust or bad smells!
The necessary is simply available, but I am sure that you will already have everything at home if you are a lover of natural remedies like me!
All you will need is:
- 1 tablespoon liquid castile soap
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Water to taste
- Lid of a saucepan
With only these elements, the sofa will become shiny and fragrant again!
– The degreasing action and the fragrance of Marseille soap will be ideal even for the most difficult or delicate fabrics. If you don’t have liquid soap, but you do have soap, melt 1 tablespoon in a double boiler.
-I advise you not to put the flakes because they could remain too impregnated between the fibers of the sofa, risking staining it.
-When it comes to the pot lid, opt for the flatter ones found on saucepans.
- All that’s left to do is get to the process!
- Simply fill a bowl with warm water and dissolve the Castile soap in it.
- Then add the baking soda until everything becomes a single solution.
- At this point you will need to dip a fairly large cloth inside the bowl, leave it damp and wrap it around the lid, securing it with a spring.
- Take the handle of the cover, run it over the entire sofa, then rinse the cloth, wring it well and make a second pass.
- Let it dry with the balconies and windows open and that’s it!
For the mattress
As mentioned earlier, the cover method is also great for the mattress and will take very little time!
You will see that once you have taken the useful ingredients, the mattress will turn white again, without traces or bad odors.
NB: I remind you that before going to this washing method, it is necessary to dust the mattress well by shaking it with your hands or with a vacuum cleaner.
Also in this case, the kit provides products always at hand:
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide
- 1 tablespoon liquid or flake Marseille soap in a bain-marie
- 6 drops of lavender essential oil
The union of the aforementioned elements will represent a real cleaning bomb and you will see that afterwards you will not be able to do without this trick!
If you don’t have essential oils at home (the lavender one is only indicative, you can choose any scent you like) or if the smell of the mattress bothers you, you can also omit them.
NB: Use hydrogen peroxide for household use, i.e. 10 volumes.
The procedure is very similar to that described for the sofa too!
- You will need to put all the ingredients in a bowl filled with lukewarm water and mix until everything becomes a single solution.
- Now proceed by immersing the piece in the bowl, for the first passage the piece must be more humid, then make other passages with the piece well wrung out.
- If there are stains on the mattress, you can use a soft sponge and scrub the dirt.
- At this point, let it dry and that’s it!
I remind you to read the possible washing instructions for the different fabrics of the sofa or mattress. Also try remedies in non-visible corners first.