4 syns per slice
- 6 large eggs , separated
- Pinch salt
- 150 g | 5.3 oz self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 150 g | 5.3 oz Sukrin 1 sweetener
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 lemons , zest only
- 2 lemons juice only
- 2 tbsp Sukrin 1 sweetener or Splenda
For the glaze (optional = add 2 extra syns if using)
- 4 tbsp Sukrin Icing (or icing sugar)
- Lemon juice , as needed
- Lemon zest to decorate cake
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Line the bottom of an 8inch (20cm) cake with greaseproof paper and lightly spray with cake release.
- Separate the eggs and put the egg whites into the bowl of your stand mixer. Add a pinch of salt and whisk on low speed until frothy. Increase the speed to medium high and continue whisking until you have firm peaks. Transfer to a clean bowl.
- Add the egg yolks, sweetener and lemon juice and zest to the mixing bowl (no need to clean) and whisk on high speed for 3-5 minutes until lightened almost double in volume.
- Sieve half the flour and bicarbonate of soda into the bowl and fold it in.
- Add half the egg whites and fold in then add remaining flour and mix in.
- Add the remaining egg whites and lightly fold them, scraping the bottom and sides of your bowl with a spatula so the batter is evenly mixed. Try to retain as much of the volume of the egg whites as possible.
- Transfer to the prepared cake tin and bake for 35 minutes until cake is risen and firm. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the lemon syrup: put the juice and sweetener into a small saucepan and heat gently, stirring, until sweetener has dissolved.
- Prick the cake with a skewer a few times and pour in the syrup. Allow for the syrup to absorb then turn out the cake onto a plate or stand. The cake might sink a little at this point, this is normal.
- Mix the Sukrin icing sugar with enough lemon juice so that it creates a glaze that slowly drips off a spoon. Drizzle over the cake, decorate with lemon zest then slice and serve immediately.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230