Grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
8 level tbsp canderel
3 eggs separated
2 tbsp hot water
1 sachet gelatine
6oz very low fat fromage frais
1 egg white
pinch of salt OR cream of tartar
1. Put grated lemon rind and juice in a bowl with canderel and egg yolks.
Stand over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk until lemon in colour
(10- 15 minutes)
2. Pour hot water into a basin and sprinkle over gelatine – stand in a
saucepan of simmmering water until gelatine has dissolved.
3. Stir dissolved gelatine into lemon custard mix and leave until beginning to
set. Fold the fromage frais into the setting lemon mixture .
4. Whisk the 4 egg whites with the salt or cream of tartar until peaking and
fold the setting lemon mixture in with a metal spoon.
5. Pour into a mousse dish and refridgerate for 2 – 3 hours.
There you go – free lemon mousse – perfect for dinner parties or scoffing on
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230