Breakfast, brunch, dessert, sweet fix… our low-Syn fruity pancakes are flippin’ fabulous any time of day !!
1½ Syns each
25 minutes plus 20 minutes soaking
- 2 large eggs
- 230ml unsweetened almond drink
- 1 level tsp sweetener granules, plus 1 level tsp to serve
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g porridge oats
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 50g self-raising flour
- Low-calorie cooking spray
For the sauce:
- 50g blueberries
- 50g raspberries
- 1 level tbsp sweetener granules
- Preheat your oven to 150°C/fan 130°C/gas 2.
- Separate the eggs into 2 mixing bowls and, using a fork, whisk the almond drink, sweetener and vanilla extract into the yolks. Stir in the oats and baking powder and leave to soak for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Blitz the blueberries and raspberries with 1 level tbsp sweetener granules (if you don’t have a food processor, mashing them with a fork or potato masher is fine). Press through a fine sieve into a bowl, discarding the seeds in the sieve, and pour the sauce into a jug. Chill until needed.
- Sift the flour over the oaty mixture and fold it in. Whisk the egg whites into soft peaks and gently fold into the oats using a large metal spoon.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. When it’s hot, add a few large spoonfuls of the batter, spaced well apart (you’re aiming to make 12 pancakes altogether). Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles start to appear in the top of the pancakes and the undersides are nicely golden brown. Flip the pancakes over and cook for another 2 minutes. Put them on a plate, cover with a clean tea towel and keep warm in the oven while you cook the rest.
- Serve with the sauce (count 1 Syn per level tbsp) and the extra sweetener sprinkled over.
credits: slimmingworld official