I love chocolate! That’s all I really need to say, I saw this dessert in an old Slimming World magazine of my mums and I just had to make it, it was a little tricky, and next time I shall use a little bit of green food colouring, just to make the mint sections stand out even more.
Serves 6 People.
Preparation Time: 25minutes.
Chilling Time: 30minutes.
Syns Per Serving: 3.5
♥ 85g plain chocolate
♥ 4 large eggs (separated)
♥ 4 tbsp artificial sweetener
♥ 1 tsp pepper extract
♥ 142g fat free natural fromage frais
♥ fresh mint
How to make Choco-Mint Mousse:
1) Melt the chocolate in a small bowl over a pan of simmering water. Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the egg yolks, half of the artificial sweetener and half the peppermint extract.
2) Place the fromage frais, the remaining sweetener, remaining peppermint extract and a handful of mint leaves in a food processor. Whizz together until the mint is finally chopped, then transfer the mixture into a bowl.
3) Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Divide the egg whites between the two bowls and gently fold into the mixtures.
4) Divide the chocolate mixture between six glass serving dishes. Top with the fromage frais mixture, using a teaspoon, lightly fold through the mixture a few times to create a marbling effect.
5) Refrigerate for 30minutes or longer before serving with a mint leaf on top to decorate.
Now I know how to do this and how amazing it tastes, I am going to try it with orange, to create a choco-orange mousse 🙂
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230