As I have already mentioned in my first recipe post, I am a huge pasta, pizza anything Italian fan, whilst flicking through the seven day menu on the Slimming World App, I came across this ‘Colourful Carbonara’ which I really wanted to try, as I love carbonara and I love vegetables, so to have the two combined seemed like perfection… and it was.
Serves 4 People.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Syns per serving: FREE
♥ 312g dried pasta
♥ 170g smoked back bacon ( trim all the fat)
♥ 2 garlic cloves
♥ 1 green chilli ( deseeded + chopped)
♥ 198g frozen peas (defrosted)
♥ 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
♥ 3 large egg yolks
♥ 100g quark
♥ salt + pepper
How to cook Colourful Carbonara:
1) Boil the pasta, as per the packet instructions.
2) Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a non-stick frying pan for 3-4minutes. Add the garlic and chilli, then cook for another 3 minutes, then add the peas, tomatoes and cook for a minute or so, to heat through.
3) In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks and quark together, with some seasoning.
4) Ladle some of the pasta cooking water into a cup, reserve it and drain the rest away. Place the pasta back in the saucepan, add the bacon and veg, stir it together. Remove from the heat, stir in the egg/quark mixtures, adding the saved cooking water to loosen the sauce.
5) Serve into warm bowls or onto plates and serve with a crunchy salad.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230