½ Syn per serving, serves 4
- 4 x 150g skinless and boneless salmon fillets, halved
- 400g green beans, steamed, to serve
- 2 limes, halved, to serve
For the spice paste:
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 level tbsp harissa paste
- Juice of 1 lemon
For the mash:
- 700g floury potatoes, preferably Maris Piper, peeled and roughly chopped
- 100ml hot vegetable stock
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- Large handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Large handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 4 roasted red peppers in brine from a jar, drained and chopped
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. For the mash, boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. Drain, return to the pan and add the stock. Toast the cumin seeds in a frying pan over a medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes, or until they release their aroma. Mash the potatoes until smooth, season and stir in the cumin seeds, coriander, mint and chopped red peppers.
- Meanwhile, put all the spice paste ingredients into a mini food processor and whizz until smooth. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Season the salmon fillets, place on the baking tray and spread with the spice paste. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Divide the salmon fillets between 4 plates. Serve with the herby mash and steamed green beans, and half a lime to squeeze over the salmon.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230