Free, Serves 4
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 800g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp chipotle or dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef stock cube, crumbled
- 400g can red kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 400g can mixed beans, drained
- 2 roasted red peppers in brine from a jar, drained and roughly chopped
- Large handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 375g dried long-grain rice, cooked, to serve
- Fat-free natural yogurt, to serve
- Pinch of smoked paprika, to garnish
- Spray a large, heavy-based non-stick pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Fry the onions and garlic for 4-5 minutes. Turn up the heat and brown the mince. Drain off any fat from the mince and return to the heat.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato purée, chilli flakes, cumin, coriander, cinnamon stick, Worcestershire sauce and stock cube, and season lightly. Bring to a simmer, cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 45-50 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rich and thickened.
- Stir in the kidney beans, mixed beans and pepper and cook, uncovered, for a further 10 minutes.
- Divide the cooked rice and chilli between 4 wide bowls and garnish with coriander. Serve with the natural yogurt sprinkled with smoked paprika.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230