½ Syn per serving, serves 4
750g lean stewing beef, all visible fat removed, cubed
2 large onions, peeled and roughly chopped
2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
1 level tbsp plain flour
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
300ml boiling hot beef stock
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
400g can baked beans
600g potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
2 bay leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4.
- Place the beef, onions, carrots and flour in a baking dish, season and toss to mix well.
- Pour in the boiling hot stock then add the Worcestershire sauce, baked beans and bay leaves. Stir to mix well and arrange the sliced potatoes on top of the meat mixture.
- Cover with foil then place in the oven for 2½-3 hours or until the potatoes are cooked and tender.
- Remove the foil, then turn the oven up to brown the potatoes, or finish under the grill for 5-8 minutes until brown.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230