1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
½ tsp yellow mustard seeds
½ tsp salt
500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
½ small onion, finely chopped
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp tomato purée
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ red chilli, deseeded, and finely chopped
- Preheat your grill to medium.
- Grind the garlic, mustard seeds and salt to a paste using a pestle and mortar (or the end of a rolling pin).
- Put the garlic paste in a large bowl along with the beef, onion, pepper, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce and chilli. Mix well with your hands, divide the mixture into 4 portions and shape each one into a patty.
- Put the burgers onto the grill pan and grill at the furthest point from the heat for 20 minutes or until cooked through, turning halfway. Reduce the heat if the burgers are cooking too quickly.
- These burgers are delicious served in wholemeal rolls (Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice) with lots of salad and a little fat-free natural yogurt.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230