Free, serves 4
- 750g lean casserole/braising beef, visible fat removed, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 medium carrots, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 medium onions, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 500g button mushrooms
For the stock:
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- ½ tbsp paprika
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Put the beef, carrots, onions, potatoes and mushrooms in a large lidded casserole dish.
- Put all the stock ingredients in a mixing bowl, pour over 1 litre boiling water and stir well. Pour the stock over the beef and vegetables and mix well. Cover the casserole dish and cook in the oven for 2½ hours.
- Serve hot with your favourite Speed vegetables.