- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 150g closed-cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 beef stock cube, crumbled
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 heaped tsp dried oregano
- Small pack fresh basil, finely chopped
- 12-14 dried lasagne sheets, briefly dipped in cold water
For the sauce
- 200g peeled and deseeded butternut squash, roughly chopped
- 200g peeled floury potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 120g plain quark
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- Spray a deep non-stick frying pan with a little low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Fry the mince for 8-10 minutes, or until browned, then drain off any fat and transfer to a plate. Keep warm.
- Spray the pan with a little more low-calorie cooking spray and fry the onion, carrot, celery and mushrooms for 10 minutes, adding a little water if they start to stick. Return the mince to the pan and add the garlic, chopped tomatoes, stock cube, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce, oregano and basil plus 500ml water. Bring to a gentle boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Put the squash, potatoes, stock cube and 450ml water in a medium saucepan over a high heat. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat and, without draining, add the remaining sauce ingredients. Whizz until smooth with a stick blender and season to taste.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 and spray a 30cm x 20cm ovenproof dish with a little low-calorie cooking spray.
- Spoon one-third of the mince into the bottom of the dish and cover with lasagne sheets. Repeat these layers twice more, finishing with a layer of lasagne sheets that covers the mince completely. Pour over the sauce, pushing the sheets into the sauce a little, and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the lasagne is cooked through. Serve hot with salad.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230