6 Syns per serving, serves 4
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 700g jar passata
- 8 tbsp tomato purée
- 250ml beef stock
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 400g dried conchiglioni
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 200g mozzarella, cubed
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the onion, celery, carrot, garlic, mushrooms and beef mince and stir-fry for 6-7 minutes. Drain any fat from the pan and return to the heat.
- Add the passata, tomato purée, stock and dried herbs and bring to the boil. Season lightly, reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the conchiglioni according to the pack instructions, then drain.
- Remove the ragù from the heat and stir in the basil. Spoon half the sauce into a medium baking dish, spread out evenly, then top with the pasta. Spoon over the remaining sauce and scatter over the mozzarella evening. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until bubbling, and serve.