This tangy, smoky dish is so versatile, and it’s just as good for warming your winter cockles as it is served up with a plate of barbecued food on a summer’s day
- 350g pot Slimming World Barbecue Sauce
- 400g can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 300ml hot vegetable stock
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 large peppers (any colours), deseeded and sliced
- 1 large courgette, cut into chunks
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the barbecue sauce according to the pack instructions.
- While the sauce is cooking, put all the beans in a large non-stick saucepan, add the barbecue sauce and stock and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to low and stir well, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add all the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often to stop the aubergine sticking. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked, stirring occasionally. Add the paprika and coriander, season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and cook for a further minute, tossing to coat everything in the spices.
- Stir the cooked vegetables into the beans and sauce along with 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, then scatter over the remaining parsley to serve. This is great with jacket potatoes or rice and a bowl of plain quark to dollop on top.