For The Chips:
- 1kg floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper or King Edward, peeled and cut into thick chips
- Low-calorie cooking spray
For The Burger:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 back bacon rashers, all visible fat removed
- 40g reduced fat Cheddar-style cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 x 60g wholemeal rolls, split and toasted
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Lettuce leaves
- Cucumber, sliced
- 4 tbsp passata
- Salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Cook the chips in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water over a high heat for 5 minutes. Drain, return to the saucepan and shake to rough up the edges.
- Spray a baking sheet with low-calorie cooking spray. Transfer the chips to the tray, spray lightly with low-calorie cooking spray and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on all sides, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, put the onion, garlic, beef and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl, season to taste and combine using your fingers. Divide the mixture into four portions and shape each one into a burger.
- Put the burgers on the grill pan, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and grill for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.
- Grill the bacon alongside the burgers until done to your liking, and top the burgers with the cheese for the last 2 minutes of the cooking time to melt.
- Fill each roll with tomato, lettuce, cucumber, two bacon rashers, a burger and 1 tbsp passata. Serve hot with the chips and salad.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230