2 Syns per serving, serves 4
4 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
4 chicken thighs, skin removed
900g large new potatoes, quartered into wedges
30g sachet Free dried fajita seasoning mix, eg Schwartz
8 mini corn on the cobs
Handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, to serve
For the coleslaw:
200g summer cabbage, quartered, cored and shredded
2 carrots, coarsley grated
4 level tbsp extra-light mayonnaise
4 spring onions, finely shredded
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Cut a few slits into the chicken drumsticks and thighs and put them in a large roasting tin with the wedges. Sprinkle over the fajita seasoning and toss everything together.
- Roast in the oven for 50 minutes, mixing occasionally. Add the corn cobs halfway through the cooking time.
- For the coleslaw, put the cabbage in a colander. Pour over a kettleful of just-boiled water, letting it drain, to soften the cabbage slightly. Cool it quickly with cold water and let it drain again.
- Add the carrot to the colander. Sprinkle over a pinch of salt and mix well (this both seasons the veg and draws out some of the moisture). Leave to drain for 15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and mix together well with the mayonnaise and shredded spring onions.
- Divide the spicy chicken, potatoes and corn cobs between 4 plates, sprinkle with chopped flat-leaf parsley and serve with the coleslaw on the side.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230