For The Burger:
- 800g carrots, peeled
- 1 small onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 410g can chickpeas, drained
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 4tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2cm piece of root ginger, peeled
- 1 egg
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- Breadcrumbs made from 2 slices of wholemeal bread
- 1tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For The Dressing:
- 150g fat free natural yogurt
- 4tbsp finely chopped mint
- 1 level tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- Grate the carrots and place half of them into a food processor along with the onion, chickpeas, cumin, coriander, garlic, ginger and the egg. Blend to a thick paste and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the remaining grated carrot, the spring onion and celery to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring until the vegetables have softened.
- Place this mixture in a fine sieve and press down with the back of a spoon to remove any excess liquid.
- Add the cooked carrot mixture to the blended paste along with the breadcrumbs, lemon zest and paprika. Season well and mix together, with your hands, to combine thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into eight portions and, using wet hands, shape into burgers. Cover and chill for at least 3-4 hours or overnight if time permits.
- To make the dressing whisk together the yogurt, mint, sweet chilli sauce, lemon zest and juice. Season and chill until ready to serve.
- Fire up the barbecue, or heat a non-stick frying pan and spray the burgers with low calorie cooking spray. Cook the burgers for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly golden brown.
- Serve the burgers with the yogurt dressing and whatever salad you fancy.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230