Tempted by a tikka? Love a lasagne? This recipe’s got your name on it!
1 hour 40 minutes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp ground cumin
- 5 tbsp tikka curry powder*
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, diced
- 8 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 500g passata
- 4 medium skinless and boneless chicken breasts, finely diced
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and diced
- Small pack fresh coriander, chopped
- 12-14 dried lasagne sheets, dipped in water
For the tikka sauce:
- 200g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 200g floury potatoes such as Maris Piper, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp tikka curry powder*
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 120g plain quark
- 1 egg yolk
- *Watch out for spice/seasoning blends that have added ingredients (like sugar, oil or starch). To protect your weight loss, count ½ Syn per level tsp/1½ Syns per level tbsp
- Start by putting the garlic, ginger, paprika, cumin, 5 tbsp tikka curry powder and 200ml water in your food processor and blitzing to make a curry paste (or use a stick blender and jug).
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and put over a medium heat. Add your curry paste and cook for 3 minutes, then add the onion and tomato purée and cook until the onion is soft, stirring continuously. Dissolve the stock cube in 200ml boiling water, add to the pan with the passata and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken and red pepper and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Stir in three-quarters of the coriander and season to taste.
- While that’s all happening, make the tikka sauce. Put the squash, potatoes, 2 tbsp tikka curry powder, stock cube and 450ml boiling water in a medium saucepan over a high heat. Bring to the boil, then cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the heat and, without draining, blitz until smooth with a stick blender. Stir through the quark and egg yolk, add the remaining coriander and season lightly.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Spray a 30cm x 20cm ovenproof dish with a little low-calorie cooking spray. Spoon one-third of the chicken mixture into the dish and cover with lasagne sheets. Repeat these layers twice more, finishing with a layer of lasagne sheets that covers the chicken. Pour over the tikka sauce, pushing the sheets into the sauce a little, and bake for 40 minutes or until the lasagne is cooked through. Serve with salad.
Credits: slimmingworld official