- 500g Lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 750g Mixed Casserole Veg Or Casserole Veg Pack
- 450ml Boiling beef stock
- 1kg Floury potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Leeks, thinly sliced
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray. Place over a medium heat, add the beef and brown for about 5 minutes, breaking up any lumps with the back of a wooden spoon. Drain off any fat. If you’re using a casserole veg pack with whole vegetables, peel and chop the veg. Add the casserole veg to the pan along with the stock. Bring to the boil over a high heat, stirring occasionally, then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water over a high heat for 12 minutes or until just tender. Add the leeks and cook for a further 4-5 minutes. Drain well, tip back into the saucepan and leave to steam for a few minutes to drive off any excess moisture. Mash well and season to taste. Uncover the beef, bring to the boil over a high heat and cook for 5 minutes to reduce any liquid to a nice coating consistency. Season to taste.
- Preheat the grill to hot. Tip the beef mixture into a 1.5-litre ovenproof dish, spoon over the mash to cover completely and smooth with a fork. Spray with low-calorie cooking spray and grill for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230