- Low calorie cooking spray
- 6 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tbsp finely chopped lemon grass
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 100ml dark soy sauce
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 4 bay leaves
- 700ml chicken stock
- 16 baby new potatoes
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 600g lean pork fillets, all visible fat removed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
- Spray a wok or large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the shallots, red chilli, ginger, lemon grass, garlic, ground cumin and turmeric and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and season well. Bring to the boil, cover tightly and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer gently for 45 minutes until the pork is tender. Ladle into bowls and garnish with the coriander to serve.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.