Free, serves 4
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 100g peeled butternut squash, roughly chopped
- 100g cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ x 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 fish stock cube, crumbled
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 medium leek, sliced
- 250g skinless and boneless smoked haddock fillet, cut into bite-size chunks
- 250g skinless and boneless cod fillet, cut into bite-size chunks
- 200g raw peeled king prawns
For the topping
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 75g plain quark
- Put the onion, squash, cauliflower, beans, garlic, stock cube, mustard powder and 250ml boiling water in a medium-size saucepan over a medium-low heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, make the topping. Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water over a high heat for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash well, then stir through the parsley and quark and season to taste.
- While the potatoes are cooking, put the leek in a small saucepan with 2 tbsp water. Cover and cook over a medium-low heat for about 10 minutes or until softened. Drain and keep warm.
- Remove the cauliflower mixture from the heat and blitz until smooth with a stick blender (or use a food processor and return to the pan). Return the mixture to a gentle simmer and add the fish and prawns. Simmer gently for 8-10 minutes or until the fish is just cooked, stirring gently from time to time. Stir in the leek and season lightly.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Tip the fish mixture into an ovenproof dish (that will fit under your grill) and spread it out evenly. Spoon the mash over the top and cook under the grill for 10 minutes or until bubbling and slightly golden. Serve hot with your favourite vegetables.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230