- 800g floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper or King Edward, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 small onion, coarsely grated
- 2 level tbsp self-raising flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 100g fat-free natural fromage frais
- Small handful fresh dill, roughly chopped, plus a few sprigs to serve
- Zest of ¼ unwaxed lemon and 1 tsp juice, plus wedges to serve
- 200g smoked salmon
- Put the potatoes and onion into a bowl and stir to combine. Wrap small handfuls of the mixture in a clean tea towel or cloth and squeeze until all the excess water has been removed. Transfer to a separate bowl and loosen the strands of potato with a fork. Mix in the flour, season, then stir in the eggs.
- Spray a 25cm, non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the potato mixture to the pan and flatten slightly using the back of a fork. Fry for 5 minutes, or until golden brown underneath.
- Place a plate or baking sheet over the top of the pan, then carefully flip over to transfer the rösti to the plate or sheet. Return the pan to the heat and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. When hot, slide the rösti back into the pan, uncooked-side down. Fry for 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Mix the fromage frais, dill, lemon zest and juice. Top the rösti with the salmon, fromage frais, dill sprigs and a twist of black pepper. Slice into 8 and serve 2 pieces per person with the lemon wedges for squeezing over.