Free, serves 4
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 500g lean beef steak, visible fat removed, cut into chunks
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 8 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8 peppercorns
- 1 tsp sweetener
- 3 bay leaves
- 200ml hot beef stock
- 200g dried orzo pasta
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Spray a large non-stick casserole pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and beef and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes, until the meat is browned.
- Add the tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, tomato purée, spices, sweetener, bay leaves and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, then cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Remove the cinnamon stick, add the orzo pasta, mix well, season and transfer to the oven to cook for 25 minutes.
- Garnish the stew with the parsley and serve with a Greek salad.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230