Free, serves 4
- 2 red onions, 1 cut into bite-size chunks and 1 finely chopped
- 1 large potato, washed and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into bite-size chunks
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans jackfruit, drained
- 400g can mixed beans or pulses in water, drained
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 200g can sweetcorn, drained
- ½ small pack fresh coriander, roughly chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C/ fan 200 °C/gas 7.
- Put the red onion chunks, potato, sweet potato and red pepper in a large, shallow non-stick roasting tin and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Toss well and roast for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, place a large non-stick casserole pan or stockpot over a high heat. Add the finely chopped red onion, garlic, spices, chopped tomatoes, jackfruit, tomato purée, stock cube, 450ml boiling water and half of the beans or pulses and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid, break up any large pieces of jackfruit and add the remaining beans or pulses, sweetcorn and roasted vegetables. Bring back to the boil and cook for 5 minutes or until everything is piping hot. Stir through the coriander, if using, season to taste and serve with salad
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230