This Cajun-inspired jumble of juicy sausage, sweet peppers and smoky seasoning is a real treat for the taste buds!
- 12 Slimming World Pork Sausages
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 medium red onions, diced
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 3 peppers (red, green and yellow), deseeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 500g passata
- 200g dried risotto rice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- *Watch out for spice/seasoning blends that have added ingredients (like sugar, oil or starch). To protect your weight loss, count ½ Syn per level tsp/1½ Syns per level tbsp.
- Cook the sausages according to the pack instructions and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick saucepan or casserole pan with low-calorie cooking spray and put it over a medium heat. Add the onions, celery, peppers and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the paprika, oregano, Cajun seasoning and tomato purée and cook for 5 minutes, giving it a stir every now and then.
- Dissolve the stock cubes in 400ml boiling water, and pour the stock into the pan along with the passata and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the rice, cover the pan again and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Halve the sausages, stir them into the rice and heat through, then stir in the lemon juice and season to taste.