free, serves 4
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle chilli flakes
- 300g dried basmati rice
- 2 each of red, yellow and green peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 650ml boiling chicken stock
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g frozen peas
- A handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 190deg;C/170deg;C Fan/Gas 5. Spray the chicken with low calorie cooking spray. Place a large frying pan over a high heat, fry the chicken for 6-8 minutes until browned all over. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Lower the heat and re-spray the pan with low calorie cooking spray. Fry the onion for 6-8 minutes. Stir in the garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, chilli flakes and rice, and fry for 1 minute.
- Spoon the mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish. Add the chicken, pepper and stock. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, or until most of the stock has been absorbed.
- Stir in the kidney beans and peas. Cover and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked. Scatter with the parsley and serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230