Our Latin-inspired pasta salad serves up a fiesta of flavours and works just as brilliantly as a side dish or a main meal. It’s Free Food at its finest!
Some avocado will add even more flavour to this colourful salad. Dice 1 avocado and divide equally between each plate (adds 3½ Syns per serving).
- 200g dried orzo (or other small pasta shapes)
- Grated zest of 1 unwaxed lime and juice of 2, plus slices or wedges to serve
- 1-2 red chillies, to taste, deseeded and finely chopped
- 325g can sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400g can aduki beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ small pack rocket, roughly chopped
- ½ small pack fresh coriander, roughly chopped, plus sprigs to serve
- Cook the orzo according to the pack instructions, then drain, rinse under cold running water and leave to drain well.
- Meanwhile, put all the other ingredients in a large serving bowl.
- When the orzo is ready, stir it into everything else and season to taste.
- Top with the coriander sprigs and serve with the lime slices or wedges.