Free, serves 4
- 30g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped, plus 1 large carrot, spiralled or shredded
- 1 small celery stick, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ small aubergine, diced
- 125g chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
- 275g passata
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- 5 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g can green lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 500g dried spaghetti
- 200g baby courgettes, sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Small handful fresh basil leaves, finely shredded
- Put the dried mushrooms in a small bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the onion, chopped carrot, celery, garlic, oregano and 3 tbsp water in a medium-size lidded saucepan over a medium-low heat. Season lightly, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until soft. Add the aubergine and fresh mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until softened, stirring often.
- Drain the dried mushrooms, reserving the soaking liquid, and finely chop. Add the dried mushrooms to the pan along with the passata, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, lentils and vinegar. Top up the mushroom soaking liquid with water to 120ml and add this too. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, then cover and keep hot over a low heat.
- Preheat your grill to high and bring 2 large saucepans of water to the boil. Drop the spaghetti into one pan and cook according to the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, put the courgettes and cherry tomatoes on the grill pan, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and season lightly. Toss well and grill for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drop the spiralled or shredded carrots into the other pan of water, bring back to the boil and drain well.
- Divide the drained spaghetti and spiralled or shredded carrot between bowls. Spoon over the sauce and top with the courgettes and cherry tomatoes. Scatter over the basil and serve hot.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230