- 1kg boneless rolled rib of beef, all visible fat removed
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 onions, quartered
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 level tbsp non-dairy horseradish sauce
- 50ml red wine
- 250ml beef stock
- 300g each of swede and celeriac, peeled and cut into thick batons
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into thick batons
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- 225g runner beans, cut into lengths diagonally and boiled, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/ fan 200°C/gas 7. Spray the beef with Frylight. Put the onions in a roasting tin, lay the beef on top and season. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Spread the horseradish over the beef and pour over the red wine and stock. Cover with foil, reduce the heat to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5 and roast for 30 minutes for rare, 45 minutes for medium or 1 hour for well done, spooning over the juices halfway through cooking.
- Boil the swede, celeriac and carrots for 10 minutes. Drain, tip onto a roasting tray, spray with Frylight and season. Remove the beef from the oven, transfer to a carving platter and leave to rest, covered, for 20 minutes. Roast the veg for 20 minutes.
- For the gravy, put the tin with the meat juices over a mediumhigh heat, discarding the onions and very carefully skimming off all fat. Mix the cornflour with 2 tbsp water, stir into the tin and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add 1 tbsp of hot water, bring to the boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until thickened. Season well, then strain into a jug.
- Carve the beef into thin slices. Serve with the roasted vegetables, beans and gravy.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230