Made with pork, beef, garlic and oregano, our Italian-style Sausages are bellissimo stirred through this leek and fennel-flavoured risotto
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 small leek, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- ½ tsp fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 6 Slimming World Italian-style Sausages
- 200g dried arborio rice
- 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 3 tbsp plain quark
- Chopped fresh chives or parsley, to serve
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and put over a medium heat. Add the garlic, shallot, leek, carrot, celery and fennel seeds and fry for 10 minutes, adding a little water if anything sticks.
- Meanwhile, cook the sausages according to the pack instructions and cut each one into 6 pieces.
- Stir the rice and stock cubes into the veg. Add 700ml boiling water a little at a time – letting the rice absorb each addition before you add more – and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the sausages and keep cooking and stirring until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked to your liking (you might need more water). Remove from the heat and stir in the quark, then scatter over the herbs and season to taste. Serve with salad.
Credits: slimmingworld official