Our Spanish-style dish of meatballs and paprika wedges in a rich tomato sauce is great for sharing
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 4 red peppers, deseeded and diced
- 3 large red onions, cut into wedges
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp smoked paprika, plus 1 tsp
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 5 tbsp tomato purée
- 300ml hot beef stock, made from 2 stock cubes
- 500g passata
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 large floury potatoes, such as King Edward or Maris Piper, cut into small wedges
- 20 Slimming World Free Food beef and pork meatballs (available from Iceland in packs of 16)
- ½ small pack fresh parsley, leaves picked and chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves picked and chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the peppers, onions and garlic and cook for 10 minutes or until softened and browned.
- Add the paprika, 2 tsp cumin, 1 tsp oregano and the tomato purée, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes (if anything starts to stick, add a little water).
- Add the stock to the pan with the passata and chickpeas, reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a paste with the extra 1 tsp smoked paprika, the remaining cumin and oregano and a little water. Coat the potato wedges in the paste, add to 2 non-stick baking trays and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Cook for 10 minutes, then add the meatballs and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Stir the parsley and rosemary into the sauce and pour it into an ovenproof dish. Add the meatballs and potato wedges, scatter the cherry tomatoes over the top and bake for a further 10 minutes, or until everything is piping hot and the wedges are cooked and crispy.