So much flavour and it’s ready in just 35 minutes flat – perfect when you need a hug on a plate and fast!
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 600g lean pork tenderloin, visible fat removed, cut into chunks
- 2 large red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 large red onion, cut into chunks
- 350g pot Slimming World Barbecue Sauce
- Chopped fresh parsley, to serve
For the mash:
- 400g carrots, roughly chopped
- 750g parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- Start by making the mash. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over a high heat and cook the carrots and parsnips for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick casserole pan or frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the pork, peppers and onion and season lightly. Cook for 5 minutes or until the meat begins to brown, then cover, turn the heat down a little and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- At the same time, cook the barbecue sauce according to the pack instructions.
- Add the barbecue sauce to the pork along with 300ml boiling water, cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes or until the meat is cooked and tender.
- Drain the carrot and parsnips, reserving 6 tbsp cooking water, and return to the pan. Mash the carrots and parsnips with the reserved cooking water and season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and a little salt.
- Divide the mash between plates or bowls and top with the pork casserole. Scatter over the parsley and serve hot with Speed vegetables.