1 Syn per serving, serves 4
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g jar sweet peppers (such as Peppadew), drained and roughly chopped
- 3 x 300g packs butternut squash noodles (or see tip)
- Chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- 4 level tbsp freshly grated Parmesan, to serve
- Put the beef in a deep non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until browned, breaking up any lumps with spoon. Drain off any fat and add the onion, garlic and 2 tbsp water. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the onion is soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and peppers to the pan, reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- When the sauce is nearly ready, put the squash noodles and 100ml boiling water in a non-stick saucepan over a medium-high heat and cook for 5 minutes or until piping hot and tender. Drain, divide between bowls and top with the sauce. Scatter over the parsley and serve with the Parmesan to sprinkle over (1 level tbsp per serving).
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230