Sunday lunch with all the trimmings – any day of the week! Tuck into tender turkey, roast potatoes and sprouts in a deliciously thick sage and onion gravy
- 2 large carrots, cut into small chunks
- 2 large parsnips, cut into small chunks
- 300g Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 large baking potatoes, skin left on, cut into small chunks
- 400g skinless and boneless turkey breast mini fillets
For the gravy:
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 1-2 tsp dried sage
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- First, make the gravy. Spray a medium non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and put over a medium heat. Add the diced potato and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the soy sauce, stock cubes, sage and 450ml boiling water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. When the potato is soft, blitz until smooth with a stick blender. Set aside until you’ve cooked everything else.
- Spread the carrots, parsnips, sprouts and potatoes over 2 non-stick baking sheets, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and season lightly. Roast for 15 minutes, then turn the veg and return to the oven for another 10 minutes or until tender.
- While the veg is doing its last bit of cooking, spray a non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Cook the turkey mini fillets for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. (You can keep the turkey fillets whole or cut them into bite-size chunks.)
- Divide the turkey and the veg between plates and pour over the heated-through gravy to serve.
credits: slimming world official