Free, serves 4
- 2 medium onions, 1 roughly chopped and 1 finely chopped
- 2 large bottled roasted red peppers in brine, drained and chopped
- 10g root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- low calorie cooking spray
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½-1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 350g dried basmati rice
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ tbsp tomato purée
- 2 vegetable stock cubes, crumbled
- 100g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 100g frozen peas
- 10g fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fat-free natural Greek yogurt, to serve
- Put the roughly chopped onion and half of the roasted red peppers in a food processor. Add the ginger and garlic and whizz until puréed.
- Spray a large, deep non-stick pan with low calorie cooking spray and fry the finely chopped onion for 5 minutes, adding a little water if needed. Add the pepper purée, spices and chilli and cook for 2 minutes, then add the rice and stir to coat the grains in the spice mixture.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, remaining roasted pepper, stock cubes, cauliflower and sweet potato. Pour in 700ml boiling water and bring to the boil, then cover with a tight-fitting lid, turn the heat to low and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add the peas to the pan without stirring them in, replace the lid and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to stand, still covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the coriander, season to taste and stir through before serving with the yogurt.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230