- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 300g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 600g lean sirloin steak, visible fat removed, thinly sliced
- 60g small gherkins, finely chopped
- 2 tsp pink peppercorns
- 100g plain quark
For the sauce:
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- ½ x 400g can cannellini beans, drained
- 150g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- ½ tbsp Marmite
- 1 beef stock cube, crumbled
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp paprika
- First, put all the sauce ingredients in a medium-size saucepan. Add 450ml boiling water and bring to the boil over a high heat. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat and, without draining, whizz until smooth using a stick blender or food processor.
- Spray a deep, non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the mushrooms and red onion and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the steak and stir-fry for a further 5 minutes, then add the gherkins, peppercorns and sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir through the quark. Season to taste and serve with your favourite Speed vegetables.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230