This vegetarian sensation features crispy chunks of tofu and crunchy veg smothered in a spicy tomato sauce
- 350g pot Slimming World Rogan Josh Sauce
- 300g firm plain tofu, cut into bite-size chunks
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 6 echalion shallots, halved lengthways (or use 2 medium onions)
- 2 peppers (orange and red), deseeded and cut into chunks
- Bunch of spring onions, halved on the diagonal
- 200g sugar snap peas
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- Small pack fresh coriander, roughly chopped, plus sprigs to serve
- Cook the rogan josh sauce according to the pack instructions.
- At the same time, put the tofu in a bowl and spray with low-calorie cooking spray, season lightly and sprinkle over the garam masala. Toss to coat the tofu.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and put it over a medium-high heat (choose a pan you can put some kind of lid on, as you’ll need to cover it later). Cook the tofu for 5 minutes or until it’s lightly browned all over, turning constantly. Tip the tofu onto a plate and set aside.
- Spray the pan again, add the shallots and peppers and cook over a medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until softened and lightly charred in places. Add the spring onions and sugar snap peas and cook for 3-4 minutes or until lightly charred, tossing gently. Add 3 tbsp water to the pan, cover and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add the rogan josh sauce, the tomatoes and chopped coriander, mix it all together and cook over a high heat for 3-4 minutes or until piping hot, stirring occasionally. Return the tofu to the pan and cook for 1 minute more. Scatter over the coriander sprigs and serve with plain boiled rice and extra Speed vegetables.
Credits: slimmingworld official