Our fabulously fiery beef curry will blow away the cobwebs!
- 6 garlic cloves
- 5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ small pack fresh coriander
- 3 tbsp hot curry powder*
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 large red onions, diced
- 700g lean beef medallions, visible fat removed, cut into small chunks
- 500g passata
- 2 peppers (red and green), deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 beef stock cube, crumbled
- 1 tsp Bovril
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- *Watch out for spice/seasoning blends that have added ingredients (like sugar, oil or starch). To protect your weight loss, count ½ Syn per level tsp/1½ Syns per level tbsp.
- Put the garlic, ginger, fresh coriander, spices, 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper and 100ml water in your food processor and blitz until you have a smooth paste (or use a stick blender and a jug).
- Place a large non-stick saucepan over a low heat, add the paste and cook for 10 minutes. Add the tomato purée and red onions and cook for a further 10 minutes, adding a splash of water if anything sticks.
- Stir in the beef and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, then stir in the passata, peppers, stock cube, Bovril and 50ml hot water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, soy sauce and sliced chilli and cook for 5 minutes, then season to taste and serve with plain boiled rice and Speed veg.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230