ready in 45 mins
What you need:
800g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
200g fat-free natural fromage frais
1 tsp mustard powder
8 frozen Slimming World Pork Sausages (from Iceland)
low-calorie cooking spray
400g back bacon rashers, visible fat removed, chopped
2 orange peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
1 large onion, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 x 415g cans baked beans
6 tbsp tomato purée
your favourite vegetables, to serve
chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to serve
What you do:
1. To make the mash, boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes, or until soft. After draining, return the potatoes to the pan and mash with the fromage frais until smooth. Mix the mustard powder with 3 tbsp water and stir into the mash with a little salt and pepper. Keep warm until needed.
2. While the potatoes are boiling, grill the sausages according to the pack instructions.
3. Spray a large, ovenproof dish with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the bacon, peppers and onions, then stir-fry for 5-6 minutes (or until the bacon is lightly browned and the veg has started to soften).
4. Add the garlic and chilli, together with the smoked paprika, and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the baked beans and tomato purée, then bring to the boil.
5. Turn down the heat to medium-low, then slice each sausage into 3 pieces and add to the dish. Simmer the campfire stew gently for 6-8 minutes, then season to taste. Serve the stew with a dollop of mash and your favourite vegetables (green beans work really well) – and enjoy!
And there you go – in just five easy steps you’ve got a comforting casserole ready to go. This campfire stew is the perfect dinner for cold, drizzly days, and once you’ve tried it, it’s guaranteed a regular spot on your weekly menu.
Campfire stew tips:
The key to keeping this campfire stew Free is to use Slimming World sausages (they’re Syn free) and to trim the visible fat from your bacon rashers, so they’re as lean as possible.
Replacing the sausages and bacon with vegetarian sausages will make this dish suitable for vegetarians. Members can quickly check the Syn values of their favourite sausages using the online food search tool or the Slimming World barcode scanner.
credits: slimmingworld blog
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.