Our flavoursome fakeaway is two curry house favourites in one and stars chunks of spiced chicken, red onion and red peppers in a medium-hot tomato sauce.
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 tbsp medium tikka curry powder*
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- ½ small pack fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp medium curry powder*
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garam masala*
- 4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 large red onions, sliced
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 250g passata
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 2 tbsp fat-free natural yogurt
- *Watch out for spice/seasoning blends that have added ingredients (like sugar, oil or starch). To protect your weight loss, count ½ Syn per level tsp/1½ Syns per level tbsp.
- Put the chicken in a bowl, sprinkle with the tikka curry powder and toss to coat well. Set aside.
- Put the garlic, ginger, coriander, remaining spices and 100ml water in a small food processor and blitz to a paste (or use a stick blender and a jug).
- Place a non-stick saucepan over a medium heat, add the paste and cook for 5 minutes. Add the diced onion and tomato purée and cook for 5 minutes or until soft, then add the sliced onions and peppers to the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the chicken and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Add the passata, stock cube and 200ml boiling water and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Stir in the yogurt, bring back to a simmer and serve with plain boiled rice and Speed veg.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230