A comfort classic with a warming Indian twist. You’ll love the delicately spiced sweet potato mash…
- 6 garlic cloves
- 5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ small pack fresh coriander
- 2½ tbsp mild curry powder*
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 large onions, diced
- 5 tbsp tomato purée
- 750g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 beef stock cube, crumbled
- 200g passata
- 160g frozen peas
For the mash:
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into chunks
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder*
- *Watch out for spice/seasoning blends that have added ingredients (like sugar, oil or starch). To protect your weight loss, count ½ Syn per level tsp/1½ Syns per level tbsp.
- Put the garlic, ginger, fresh coriander, spices and 100ml water in your food processor and blitz to a smooth paste (or use a stick blender and a jug).
- Place a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat and add your paste. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, adding a little water if it’s looking dry. Add the onions and tomato purée and cook for 10 minutes, then stir in the beef and cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, make the mash. Cook the potatoes, sweet potato, turmeric and curry powder in a saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender, then drain, mash and season to taste.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Add the stock cube, passata and 300ml boiling water to the onions and cook for 5 minutes, then add the peas and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Spoon the beef mixture into an ovenproof dish. Top the pie with the mash, level with a fork and cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Serve with hot Speed vegetables.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230