Ready in about 35 minutes
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1in/2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, finely grated
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- A large handful of fresh coriander, leaves and stalks, chopped separately
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 900g potatoes, peeled and cut into ½in/1.5cm cubes
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 560ml vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 340g dried basmati rice
- 170g fine green beans, halved
- A pinch of chilli powder
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Spray a large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion, garlic, ginger, green chilli, lemon zest and coriander stalks and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Add the potatoes, cauliflower and stock and season. Bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the potatoes are almost tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions and then drain.
- Add the green beans to the curry and cook for a further 5 minutes. Fluff up the rice with a fork and divide between 4 plates. Top with the curry and garnish with chilli powder and chopped coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.