4 Syns per serving, serves 6
Crisp filo pastry and hot fruit filling..
- 300g cooking apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 25g dried cranberries
- Finely grated zest of 1 small orange
- 2 tsp sweetener
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 5 x 20g filo pastry sheets
- 1 level tsp icing sugar, to decorate
- Fat-free natural fromage frais, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Put the apple in a bowl with the cinnamon, cranberries, orange zest and sweetener. Toss to mix well.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Place a sheet of filo pastry on top and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Top with a second pastry sheet and spray again with low-calorie cooking spray. Repeat with 2 more sheets.
- Spread the apple mixture, lengthways, down the centre of the pastry, leaving the edges uncovered. Bring 1 edge of the pastry, lengthways, over the filling and the other edge up over that. Carefully turn the strudel over so that the pastry join is underneath. Wet and fold over the ends of the pastry cylinder to seal in the filling and then tuck under.
- Spray the remaining filo sheet with low-calorie cooking spray and scrunch on top of the strudel. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Dust over the icing sugar, slice into 6 equal-size pieces and serve with a dollop of fromage frais on the side.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230