3½ Syns per serving, serves 2
- 2 back bacon rashers, visible fat removed
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 200g your favourite mushrooms, halved or chopped
- 100g baby leaf spinach
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 100g lean ham, visible fat removed, diced or chopped
- 2 eggs*
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- *Pregnant women, the elderly, babies and toddlers are advised to choose eggs showing the British Lion stamp if eating raw or partially cooked eggs.
- Preheat your grill to high and your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- Grill the bacon for 2-3 minutes on each side then roughly chop and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until softened and browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Wipe the pan. Rinse the spinach under cold water, drain in a sieve and add to the frying pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until just wilted, stirring all the time, then transfer to the plate with the mushrooms.
- Wipe the pan, reduce the heat to medium and stir-fry the tomatoes gently for about 5 minutes, so that they take on some colour but keep their shape.
- Mix the bacon, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes and ham and season lightly. Divide the mixture between 2 x 500ml gratin dishes, each about 16cm across and 5cm deep (or see tip). Cover each dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes or until piping hot.
- Remove the foil, crack an egg into the centre of each dish and return to the oven to cook uncovered for 12-15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Divide the avocado slices evenly and scatter over the chives to serve.