- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g lean bacon, all visible fat removed, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 baby courgettes, sliced
- 300g dried risotto rice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives or dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 700ml boiling hot vegetable or chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the tomatoes, bacon, onion, courgettes, rice and chopped herbs in a medium-sized baking dish. Season well.
- Pour in the hot stock, stir to mix well and cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour until the rice is just tender.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.