- 400g spaghetti
- 800g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 8 rashers of bacon
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 120g grated cheese
- Preheat the oven to 190 (170 fan, gas mark 4).
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan on medium heat.
- Boil water in a large pan for the spaghetti.
- Chop the onion and the red pepper into small, roughly 1 cm chunks.
- Add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook until only just softened and floppy.
- Crush the garlic cloves and add to the oil along with the onion and the pepper.
- Chop the bacon into chunks and when the veg has softened, add it to the pan.
- When the bacon is cooked through, stir in the tomatoes and leave to simmer until slightly reduced.
- Drain the spaghetti and pour the bacon mixture into the pan. Mix it through until well-distributed.
- Tip the whole mixture into a medium casserole dish and add grated cheese on the top if desired.
- Put in the oven for 20 minutes or until the top has crisped.
- When cooked, leave to rest for a few minutes and then use a spatula to cut rectangles of the bake to serve.
- Serve with a side salad.