6 Syns per serving (or Free if you have the feta as your Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice)
ready in 40 mins
What you need:
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tsp dried thyme
400g cherry tomatoes or baby plum tomatoes
low-calorie cooking spray
180g block feta cheese
400g dried pasta shapes
small pack fresh basil, chopped, with a few leaves reserved to serve
What you do:
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
2. Put the onion, garlic, thyme and tomatoes in an ovenproof dish, season lightly and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Gently mix it all together, then put the feta block in the middle of the dish. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the feta is browned at the edges and the tomatoes are starting to burst.
3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions and drain well.
4. Carefully squish the feta and tomatoes with a fork (watch out, as the tomatoes can really pop!) and stir it all together. Stir through the chopped basil.
5. Stir the feta sauce through the pasta, divide between shallow bowls and scatter over the reserved basil leaves to serve.
Fill up on Free Food®
All our meals are based on Slimming World Free Food – nutritious, everyday foods that fill you up for fewer calories, meaning they’re great for weight loss! Free Food includes lean meat, poultry, fish, eggs, pasta, rice, potatoes, pulses, fruit, veg and more. And you can eat these foods freely, making them perfect for satisfying the biggest of appetites. Some Free Foods have the extra bonus of being Speed Food – fruit and veg that are super-low in calories and keep you slimming beautifully. For the best results, always reach for Speed Food first in between meals and include at least a third of a plate of Speed Food at every meal, where it makes sense.
Add in Healthy Extras®
To help provide a good balance of nutrients, enjoy two measured portions of milk or cheese each day – your Healthy Extra ‘a’ choices. Options include 350ml skimmed milk or 250ml semi-skimmed milk; 40g reduced-fat or 30g full-fat hard cheese; 50g mozzarella (cow’s milk); 45g feta or 35g Danish blue, which can be eaten as part of a meal or snack. Also have one portion of wholemeal bread or breakfast cereal each day – your Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice. To keep things simple we’ve built your Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice into the menu plan each day.
Choose your Syns®
Foods and drinks that pose a risk to your weight loss – those high in fat or sugar, as well as alcohol – can be enjoyed as carefully counted Syns. We recommend you plan between 5 and 15 Syns into your day (see the bottom of the next page for some ideas).
Make simple swaps
To help protect your weight loss, choose the leanest meats and trim off any visible fat – cut the white bits off bacon and remove skin from poultry. Dry-fry or cook with low-calorie cooking spray rather than fat or oil, switch sugar for sweetener, and swap cream and crème fraîche for fat-free natural yogurt or plain quark.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230