Serves 4 (Ready in 1 hour 10 minutes)
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 800ml hot vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 whole dried red Kashmiri chillies
- ½ tsp saffron strands
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 green cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 2 cloves
- 400g dried basmati rice
- 200g green beans, halved
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp each of chopped fresh coriander and mint leaves
- For the cucumber raita:
- 150g fat-free natural yogurt
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and coarsely grated, reserving some to serve
- Pinch of paprika
1. Preheat your oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7. Put the cauliflower, sweet potatoes and onion in a large non-stick roasting tin. Spray with low calorie cooking spray, season and bake for 15 minutes until starting to brown.
2. Meanwhile, stir together the stock, curry powder, chillies, saffron, cumin and mustard seeds, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods and cloves. Mix the rice and green beans into the baked vegetables, then pour over the stock mixture. Reduce the oven to 190°C/Fan 170°C/Gas 5. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed. Discard the cinnamon stick.
3. For the raita, mix the yogurt and cucumber together in a small bowl, then top with the paprika and reserved cucumber. Stir the lemon juice into the biryani, then scatter over the chopped herbs and serve with the cucumber raita.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230